About JA BizTown In a Box
Just like its big sister JA BizTown at the Bill Poe Family Junior Achievement Campus, JA BizTown In a Box provides educators with all the resources necessary to effectively integrate financial literacy and career readiness into their elementary school classrooms.
The JA BizTown In a Box learning experience comes neatly packaged in a box and contains EVERYTHING – lesson plans, resources, materials and all the necessary items -educators need to create an immersive role-playing learning experience for their students.
JA BizTown In a Box includes:
- All materials, programs and simulation activities have been modified to reflect the in-classroom JA BizTown experience
- Comprehensive and detailed task instructions for both students and teachers
- Activities that not only emphasize design-thinking STEM activities but are retooled and modified for the in-classroom JA BizTown environment
Following participation in the JA BizTown in a Box in-classroom simulation, students will be able to:
- Discuss the roles they play as citizens, workers and consumers in their community and relates those roles to the free enterprise system
- Discuss the importance of citizen rights and responsibilities in a community
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the free enterprise system
- Build money management skills through practical knowledge of economic concepts